3 3/8" x 2 1/8" x .030" white vinyl plastic. This card includes a magnetic stripe (low coercivity and unencoded unless otherwise specified). For use with many hotel room door systems. Ad copy area: 3 1/8" high x 1 7/8" wide.
Our full-service Art Department is equipped with the latest in digital technology, so submission of artwork in the form of electronic files will facilitate job preparation and help accelerate deliveries. Our Art Department is also readied to utilize your camera-ready artwork, as long as it is prepared according to the instructions below. Even if you are not able to supply us with camera-ready artwork, our Art Department still can assist you by generating the artwork for you. Please note that deliveries will probably run longer if Pilgrim is preparing the artwork for you, and preparation of artwork will be billed at the rate of $50.00 (V) per hour. When preparing your artwork, digitally or conventionally, please take care to follow the instructions below. And remember: Pilgrim allows you the freedom to select from any of our standard typestyles, ruler scales, or calendar designs. Please provide us with the appropriate information.
- Please prepare artwork to size with accurate crop marks.
- Artwork must be color separated.
- Copy must be positioned at least 1/8” in from cut edges.
- Bleeds must bleed at least 1/8” over cut edges.
- Borders must be at least 1/8” wide.
- Reverse printing must be bold, not serif or script, and not smaller than 6 point type.
- Logos: We do not recommend logos with fine lines or fine type to be printed in reverse, as they will fill in.
- Scales must bleed at least 1/8” and the shortest increment of the scales must be 1/8”.
- Hole punched items must have 1/8” clearance from cut edge and 1/8” clearance from copy plus clearance for the hole.
- Ad copy: Please check with factory regarding ad copy space on specific products.
- Certain items have additional requirements and/or additional charges for bleeds. Please check with factory.
- Camera-ready artwork means that Pilgrim will not have to set any type, do any paste-up or touch-up, prepare any art or logos, or put crop marks on your artwork.
- Copy must be clean and clear.
- Copy must be pasted-up square in position with accurate crop marks.
- Type must be dense and black.
- Type weight must be light to medium, because type that is too bold will not print cleanly.
- Logos: Reproducible stats can be obtained from printers who print customer’s stationary. Logos with screens are not acceptable, as they shoot solid. Screens should be indicated on a tissue overlay and we will lay the screens in. Please enclose a sample of what the screens should look like.
- Laser prints are not acceptable as camera-ready artwork, as they cannot be reproduced with quality.
- Photoshop 7 (and earlier versions) Used for bitmap or photo editing.
- Adobe Illustrator 10 (and earlier versions) Used for vector art. Illustrations, line art, logos.
- Freehand 9 (and earlier versions) Also used for vector art. Illustrations, line art, logos.
- Quark Express 5 (and earlier versions) Preferred page layout program. Used for text layout and to layout Photoshop and Illustrator files.
- Pagemaker 7 (and earlier versions) Page layout program. Also used for text layout and to layout Photoshop and Illustrator files.
- Macintosh 9.5 (and earlier versions) Preferred operating system for all artwork.
Supply Hard Copy:
No matter how artwork is supplied to us we require hard copy
proofs, preferably in color, but at least indicating the color
break in some way. Without hard copy from you we have no way
of verifying what you want. If hard copy is not supplied there
will be a $35 charge for us to create laser proofs and it
will be the customers responsibility to verify the correctness
of the artwork.
Send e-mail with attachments to:
You must include your purchase order number and company name in the subject line of all e-mail sent to this address.
Contact your Customer Service Representative and indicate when your files will be sent.
While electronic art is preferred and is quicker to produce, we are capable of creating artwork or using camera ready art. If artwork is not properly prepared you will be advised if the cost to correct it is greater than $35. We will not advise you if it is $35 or less.
Create your files to the size of the finished piece. A mistake that is often made is to build the front and back of a 2” X 3”card on one 81/2 X 11” page. There should be one page in the document for each page you want to print. The document page size should be the size of the finished piece. Check the catalog for the ad copy area for your product. You cannot exceed the ad copy area when designing your copy.
You must supply both screen and printer fonts with your files.
DO NOT USE the style options to customize a font.
These will not work, fonts will default back to their plain style when output to film. To bold a font use the actual bold version of that font. Use Illustrator to create special effects such as outline fonts and save them as graphics.